Sunday, September 13, 2009

Now Generation by Black Eyed Peas

I thought this song by the Black Eyed Peas was fitting to this course. The lyrics illustrate the mind-frame that many of our students have when entering our classrooms; they are focused on getting information "now" through text message, wikipedia, myspace, facebook, etc. The lyrics embody our youth today! Now, how can we use the "pop culture tools" that are students already exposed with to better our classrooms?

I want money
I want it want it want it
Fast internet
Stay connected in a jet
Wi-fi, podcast
Blasting out an SMS
Text me and I text you back
Check me on the iChat
I’m all about that h t t p
You’re a PC I’m a Mac
I want it..

Myspace in your space
Facebook is a new place
Dip divin’ socializin’
I’ll be out in cyber space
Google is my professor
Wikipedia checker
Checkin my account
Loggin in and loggin out
Baby I want it..
Now!


1 comment:

  1. Definitely a good fit! I think the most telling line is "google is my professor". So not only do they want information instantly, but there doesn't have to be a person providing it.

    ReplyDelete